Jigsaw Homes Group is one of the largest housing groups in England. The Group was formed from a merger between New Charter and Adactus Housing which resulted in them providing more than 34,000 homes across the North West and East Midlands.
This rapid expansion led to a potential challenge for the board in that the sheer size of the Group had the potential to reduce the transparency of the business, with a risk of becoming disconnected from service delivery to customers. The board wanted to ensure they were able to swiftly react to trending concerns or issues born out of the Group’s activities across the regions.
The Group’s activities are reviewed every quarter by the board. To improve the value of the effort put into the collection of performance data, Jigsaw were keen to move away from the presentation of traditional reports based on paper archetypes to a series of web-based dashboards.
The GAIN LINE software engineers built a system which harmonised all the data into a single source within a cloud application that is accessible anywhere via an Internet browser. The data is pulled in directly from sources where it is captured online whilst also being flexible to allow for complex spreadsheet uploads from where data is captured via analogue sources.
The data is then represented within the cloud application in a variety of formats that are chosen to provide the most actionable insights for the Board to respond. These include data tables, graphs, trend charts, heat maps and Google Map data layers that quickly provide information that demonstrates success as well as areas for improvement.
- Data sources were in a variety of formats which would take days to compile into a report
- Data formats were often incompatible requiring multiple report types to suit the format rather than the data
- Reports were “flat” and limited to paper-based archetypes
- Reports were presented in a variety of document types which would require extended time to examine to create actionable plans
- Data is uniformly formatted and accurate meaning the reports are trustworthy and scale when blended with other data layers
- The reports are timestamped within the application so that upward and downward trends can be immediately recognised and addressed
- The reports are multi-layered enabling the board to take a high level view or to triangulate information by slicing and dicing data as they see fit
- The Board is able to make confident, data-led decisions with agility and speed
GAIN LINE and the WilsonCooke team have helped us to drive data-led decisions in the board room. By pulling together our performance data on to one easy-to-use platform, our board now have a visually coherent and clear line of sight into how well our business is performing.brian moran, jigsaw homes group
Optimise your business
Fill in your details below and we’ll be in touch.