We’re partnering with Manchester Metropolitan University to place a user experience apprentice in our exciting new business.
GAIN LINE provides consultancy to companies who wish to grow by optimising their business operations via a blend of design thinking, lean startup and agile methodologies.
We do this by identifying inefficiencies inside businesses through our consultative product that we call an Optimisation Sprint. This is a powerful framework of workshops and activities that are designed to rapidly align teams to solve key challenges in their businesses and then develop testable solutions that can be immediately implemented within them. Having identified the solutions, we then design and build software or conduct technical integrations to make the solutions real.
This is a very exciting time to be a part of GAIN LINE. We have strong growth ambitions and your fledgling career will be accelerated as the company grows. We are a lean outfit backed up by a much larger group and so everyone is keenly focused to achieving our collective goals.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal person will have achieved or exceeded MMU’s minimum qualification criteria – 104 UCAS Points or BBC grades at A Level – and have a genuine, demonstrable passion for digital marketing.
- Is genuinely passionate for technology, science and experience design
- Is enthusiastic and proactive in all aspects of work – a genuine self-starter
- Is flexible, open and enthusiastic – a true team player
- Is self confident and had good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues
- Is a strong analytical thinker
- Is willing to try new ideas, be brave and learn from their successes and failures
- Is happy to get stuck in, no matter how big or small the task
- Is persistent with a keen attention to detail
What you’ll learn with us
We have a culture of experimentation and improvement – we never stop learning ourselves – and with us, you’ll have a real hands on experience that complements your University studies.
- User research – understanding user needs, participating in research activities and interpreting user research to inform designData analysis and report writing
- UX and business strategy – e.g. understanding business needs and aligning with UX efforts and tools
- Information architecture – e.g. the design and structure of content and information for digital tools and services
- User interface and digital product design – develop and maintain design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
- Research and design into novel technology – e.g. Voice design, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
- Competitive salary from £14,000
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Christmas and your birthday off
- Flexible working hours to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- 20% time allocated to your degree studies
- No regular commuting, we’re 100% remote
- A brand new laptop based on your requirements and any additional accessories/equipment required
- Contribution to your home working office/setup
- Free eye tests
- Access to a monthly co-working budget
- Quarterly social gatherings
So what are you waiting for?
If you would like to apply to be an apprentice with us, fill in your details below and upload a copy of your CV along with one page A4 cover letter explaining why you think you’d be best suited to join us.